To be able to access the vCenter with WinSCP it is necessary to change the default shell to Bash
- Initiate an SSH connection to the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Provide the root user user name and password when prompted.
- Run the following command to enable the Bash shell:shell.set –enable True
- Run the following command to access the Bash shell:shell
- In the Bash shell, run the following command to change the default shell to Bash:chsh -s “/bin/bash” root
- Use WinSCP to upload the certificate files to the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Return to the Appliance Shell by running the following command:chsh -s /bin/appliancesh root
For more information: